Thursday, July 3, 2008

"Peace in the Midst of the Storm"



Check this out on Chirbit

Peace in the Midst of the Storm

Hide me in Thy secret place,
Under the shadow of Thy wings,
For I find my rest in Thee,
Peace in the midst of the storm.
Hold me ever close to Thee,
Precious lamb of Calvary.
Near to Thee will always be
Peace in the midst of the storm.

Thou hast been my refuge, Lord.
I run to Thee for quiet peace,
For Thou art my hiding place,
Peace in the midst of the storm.
Ever steadfast, ever sure,
Jesus is Thy love for me.
In Thy presence, Lord, I find
Peace in the midst of the storm.

Lord I cast my cares on Thee,
For Thou, Oh Lord dost care for me.
Underneath thy wings I find,
Peace in the midst of the storm.
Lord, I place my trust in Thee,
Jesus, Lord and God to me.
In Thy name will always be
Peace in the midst of the storm.

Text and Music Cathy L. Simpson
© Copyright 1995 Cathy L. Simpson "Wordsong Collection"

8 comments:

sherry said...

Beautiful.

Debbie Petras said...

Cathy, I felt the need to come to this blog of yours to listen to the peace music. I loved the music and the words. It was peaceful! :) And that is just what I need right now in the midst of my storm. Thank you for sharing your comment on Heart Choices about peace and for telling me about your song. You are very talented. I appreciate you sharing the gift the Lord has obviously given to you.

Blessings,
Debbie

My Memories and Crystals said...

I will try to listen to all your songs when the sound of my computer will work well.

I also taught in a youth choir the same title but different words. "Peace in the midst of the storm"

Peggy said...

Blessings Cathy... I came here for peace in the midst of the storm and this piece certainly does bring peace!

OK, I'm not really in a storm but maybe peace in the valley... but actually I came to hear your other one on "Peace" and I could not pass by this PEACE! Thank you for the beauty and gift you share here!

Each one is so beautiful! I'm a bit better, thank you for your prayers.

Peace,
Peggy

Peggy said...

Blessings Cathy, I'm so glad that you linked up this PEACE in the midst of the Storm. Since I've listened before you already know that I love this piece and PEACE! It brought me peace back then again tonight. So I'm glad that you waited patiently and were able to bring me that peace along with your sweet words and prayers for me at yet another melancholy moment.
Looks like others have come to hear this song and also were blessed as I. The melody of this song, even the notes you chose together, harmonize to a perfect piece and match the words so beautifully.
The chime in the music brings a bit of JOY to my overly saddened heart.
Bittersweet joy and a bit of heavy heart as I think and reflect on my time with Bravo. So thankful for friends who understand and share their compassion with me. Bless you Cathy and your wonderful gift.

Love and a sweet hug,
Peggy

From the Heart said...

Beautiful music and song, Cathy.
You have a wonderful God-given talent. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

TO BECOME said...

Cathy, that was beautiful and such a blessing! I really loved it. connie

LisaShaw said...

So beautiful Cathy!! Love you.