Sunday, October 13, 2013

"He's My Lord"

This is a song I wrote while working as a receptionist at my church. Men have cried when I sang it to them.



Check this out on Chirbit


John 14:6


He's My Lord


He's the light in the darkness, He's my Lord.
He's the strength in my weakness, He's my Lord.
He's the Way, the Truth, the Life, the Living Word.
Jesus Christ, the son of God, He's my Lord.

He's the love in my heart, He's my Lord.
He's the song in my spirit, He's my Lord.
He is everything my heart was seeking for.
Jesus Christ, the Son of God, He's my Lord.

He's the joy on the mountain, He's my Lord.
He's the peace in the valley, He's my Lord.
He's the Way, the Truth, the Life, the Living Word.
Jesus Christ, the Son of God, He's my Lord.

He's my hope for the future, He's my Lord.
He's my Blessed Redeemer, He's my Lord.
He's the King of Glory coming for His Bride.
Jesus Christ, the Son of God, He's my Lord.

Text and Music Cathy L. Simpson
© Copyright1994 by Cathy L. Simpson.

9 comments:

Deborah said...

I've listened to this one a couple of times now...I really like it!

Cathy said...

Thank you, Deb. Let me know if you'd like to record it. :o) I sang it years ago on a cassette. But my voice is not as pretty now as it was then. And it's trouble to change it to a CD.

Jodi said...

Cathy ~

I got my "technical" difficulty figured out (I think it would fall under user error - lol.).

Such a pretty melody to match those God honoring words. I really enjoyed it.

Cathy said...

Thank you, Jodi. I recently had sound difficulties on You-Tube - user error too. I'm glad you liked the song.

HOPE said...

I love how you put the words with the music on your blog! I sang some of them over and over.

Very nice!!!

God bless..
HOPE

Cathy said...

Thank you so much, Hope. I'm glad you enjoyed the music. I used to have a much better voice than I do now, so I just put the music on. I have been playing and working on more music.

Unknown said...


My blogs. Welcome
Thank you for a very nice site and music. Maria from Sweden.
http://the-lord-is-my-shepherd.mozello.com/

http://gospel.jesuslever.eu/
http://bibeln-jesus.blogspot.se/

Cathy said...

Thank you for your sweet visit, Maria. Your blogs are pretty.

Starry Dawn said...

BEAUTIFUL SONG, CATHY!!
GOD BLESS YOU.
POET STARRY.